Monday, March 16, 2015

Days Like These

The weather was beautiful on Saturday. 
The sun was brighter, the breeze was warmer, the grass was greener, than it has been in a long time. 

A few of our friends came over and my grandpa came to visit us. It was one of the best days so far this spring (although I think spring starts on the twentieth or something). We walked to our old neighborhood where there was a small creek. I remember going there all the time when I was little (it's also the same street where I fell into a ditch when I was riding my bike ;)). 
My sister (who is quite the daredevil) waded in the freezing cold creek. One of our friends did the same. While my other friend and I (being the eldest siblings in our families) gave them both disproving looks, telling them to be very careful and asked them how in the world they could stand that cold water one too many times. 
After a while we headed back home to eat pizza and other food that wasn't at all good for us (just the way I like it;)) and my friends and I watched Mako Mermaids (it's cheesy yet strangely addicting). 

Last Saturday was one of those days where life seems a bit sweeter than usual, and time seems to tick slower for a change, letting us all just breathe it in. Just breathe in a beautiful day.
Sure, there will always be those stressful days. Those hard days where every little thing seems to go wrong. But God still gives us good days, sweet, gorgeous days. Days when He shows us the beauty in simplicity, nature, and camaraderie.
And I truly treasure days like these. <3

By the way,
How are you all?

22 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time! My day has been quite well; first official day of track practice. Since I'm actually practicing with more people that I know, I'm much comfortable around them. I'm also trying hard to faint in my Ancient Civs class (my teacher is eyeing me because my language arts teacher has said RAVING things about me-- good things-- but I get terrified out of my wits).

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Haha, totally understandable! Thanks for commenting. <3

      Delete
  2. Your posts are always so beautiful Eve ♥ The photography and writing is just perfection! Lovely as usual ;)

    hugs

    ~Maiya~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love spring days...I was able to open the window in my room yesterday. It was so nice and warm, you could hear the birds chirping, the wind moving around, just sitting at my desk writing..ahh, I can't wait. I ride my bike yesterday, ahh! I had short sleeves, no more coats!! :D Lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, goodness. Last weekend's weather was amazing! Oh my, that sounds so relaxing -makes me wish I had a window in my room. <3

      Delete
  4. Lovely pictures!
    It's on days like those that its hard to picture going to college one day, and growing up, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jordy! :) Mmhm it truly is, Jordy. It truly is.

      Delete
  5. What I find so interesting about this post is that immediately I could tell that you're from America - I think it's the houses in the first image but also the colour palate. I don't know how I picked up on those things, but I did!

    These are such beautiful photos and amazing memories! Springtime is my second-favourite time of the year just after Autumn! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, how interesting! It's really cool that you recognized the little details in my photos.:)
      Thanks, Carolyn! Same here I love autumn and spring! <3

      Delete
  6. You just one to take a deep breath of fresh air when you see pictures like that. <3 what photo editing program do you use?

    Chloe | Curious Ramblings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you, Chloe! I use lightroom 5 with vsco. <3

      Delete
  7. Amazing photos, Eve!

    ReplyDelete
  8. days like you described are what keeps me sane. lovely.
    and like whoa, your photography skills/editing/technique has really gone through he roof during this new year. you rock, lady.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! Thank you so so so much, Abigail! That means so much to me! <3

      Delete
  9. Fantastic photos! I love this post just as much as all the other lovely things you have up on this blog. :) Don't you just love having wonderful days like that once in a while?
    <3
    Aliah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, Aliah! Ah yes, I love them so much. :)

      Delete
  10. Aw, thank you so much, Diana! Thanks for visiting! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. EVEEEE. I AM SO AWFUL AT GIVING WONDERFUL COMMENTS. But just like...wow. You are so amazing at taking pictures and your words are so special. Like. I love it so much, but I can never find any other way to say it.

    ReplyDelete