Wednesday, December 23, 2015

My Winter Playlist and Other Randomness

Hey guys! Merry Christmas Eve Eve. Hope you all are enjoying your Christmas break. I know I am! I've been reading to my hearts content, spending time with my family, watching far too much Netflix, and eating plenty of junk food. 
Yesterday I had a big Christmas dinner at my great grandmother's and great grandfather's house. It's a tradition my family and I do every year when Christmas rolls around. The food was comfort food to the max, and I ate until I felt about 5 pounds heavier and could have exploded at any moment. I ended up not having room for dessert. 
Ha, I kid, I kid. There is always room for dessert! The gooey bars, the Oreo balls, the many sweet things dipped in white chocolate--so worth the stomach ache afterwards. ;) 
Wow, I guess I've been talking about food this entire time...let's get back on subject, shall we? 
Though I suppose I never really began this post on subject since I'm supposed to be talking about the playlist I made below. Oh well. Moving on... Back to the Christmas dinner thing. 
We read the Christmas story in the book of Luke before we opened our gifts. My sister and I know it by heart and my younger siblings are doing a great job memorizing it. We always get out my great grandparents' big, white and gold bible and we all take turns reading it.  
Today the weather has been CRAZY. It definitely doesn't feel like it will Christmas in two days. It was in the upper 60s and we had a tornado warning earlier today. That's Indiana weather for you. 
I can not believe tomorrow is Christmas Eve. It's so surreal. This year has gone so fast. Way too fast.
Anyways, I made this Winter Playlist for you all! Really it's for my own benefit, because I've been listening to these songs non-stop this season. You can click on any of these songs below and it will take you right to the song on Youtube. The playlist is on Spotify if you'd like to check it out. <3 Thanks for reading!

Comforting Sounds by Birdy

21 comments:

  1. I love the feeling of being pleasantly stuff with good food! :)
    I love the idea of reading Luke before you open your presents - I may have to try that!

    - Ellie
    http://ontheothersideofrealitynew.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, yes. Definitely one of my favorite feelings!
      You should totally give it a try. It's nice to be reminded about the real reason for the season with all gifts and busyness surrounds this holiday. <3

      Delete
  2. ugh. I know. This time of year I have to force myself not to post too many photos of food. lol!

    Merry Christmas to you and your family! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Your better than me though. During the holidays I normally scarf down all the yummy food and totally forget to take a picture of its pure deliciousness.
      Hope you all have a lovely Christmas! <3

      Delete
  3. EVEEEEEE. I squealed with delight when I saw your new design. OH MY GOODNESS. So gorgeous. *dies of love*
    I am looking forward to your winter playlist. *grins* Sounds amaaaaaazing!
    Also, good food always. Good food and great friends is what I'm looking forwards to. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhhh! Thank you, thank you! You are the sweetest!<3
      Yay, that makes me so happy!
      Yes, my friend. Always. You too! :D
      OMGoodness, Cally. Every time I read your comments I smile like a weirdo at my computer screen out of sheer joy, I tell you. Sheer Joy.

      Delete
  4. I'm in love with your new design, and the playlist you've put together is just perfect. I'm listening to the first song right now. :)
    Merry Christmas Eve Eve!
    ~ Sanjana
    peridotcove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *squeals* Thank you so, so, so much!!! It makes me beyond glad that you took the time to listen to it. <3 <3
      Thanks, Sanjana! You too! :)

      Delete
  5. EEEVE!
    First, your blog design is amaze.
    Second, that is so freaky because we have such a similar taste in music and I have listened to all of those lately. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww! Thanks so much, Jordy!
      Merlin's Mushrooms! (As my little sister would say.) That is so cool. and freaky. and amazing. Whoa, we have blogger telepathy! ;) Do you happen to have a Spotify account? If so, I'd love to check out your playlists and such. :)

      Delete
    2. Yes! Hah. That's a cute expression. Merlin's Mushrooms. *tries to figure out a way to use it in casual conversation*

      My Spotify is: descendingsky

      Delete
  6. In love with this playlist! Merry Christmas Eve!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gen! So, so happy you like it. <3
      You too!

      Delete
  7. Love this playlist and can't wait to listen to some new music :)
    love love your blog design. your blog always makes me really happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lauren!
      Oh my goodness. I can't stop smiling from the happiness I feel right now! You are kinder than words could ever describe. Thank you, thank you! Your comments always make me feel so very happy! <3

      Delete
  8. Okay so I'm just on the second song of your playlist but I'm in love!!!!!!!!!!! Tons of people I follow have posted winter playlists, but I'm pretty sure no playlist has been more fitting than this ones. I LOVE IT. Thanks for sharing- I always love getting into new music ^-^ Also, all the comfort food. Yes. (AND IN THE NORTH CAROLINA IT'S IN THE 70'S WHATS GOING ON?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yayyyyyy! Thank you from the bottom of my heart! That is so, so nice to hear. <3
      I know, right? Comfort food tastes like home. :)
      Whoa. What in the world is happening with this weather. Times are getting crazier and crazier.

      Delete
  9. Of Monsters and Men! Birdy! I like this playlist indeed. :) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love, love, love their style! They are both so unique. Thanks, Jo!!! Merry Christmas to you too. <3

      Delete
  10. Merry Belated Christmas :)) hehe, sorry i couldn't comment earlier ^_^ hope you had an amazing day, though i do agree with you on the weather part. it certainly didn't feel like christmas outside, but i'm guessing that come february/january it's going to be really snowy :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. (oh, darn. this is pretty late) merry christmas! (it's okay because i'm still getting the christmas vibes from this end:)
    ugh ugh ugh. some of the songs you've added are really my favourite. especially "white winter hymnal" and "power of love" <3
    and i must agree, the year has passed way way too fast. here's to a great 2016!
    XXX - nameless writing

    ReplyDelete