Tuesday, May 5, 2015

A Day at a State Park | The Forgotten Post

I was going to post this a couple weeks ago, but life got extremely busy, and I totally forgot about this poor little draft just waiting to be posted. So here you go!
~~~
written 4/16/15
Hey everyone! This week we went to a state park. My mom, sisters, me, and a couple friends went on a few trails and played in a mini waterfall. We had a nice little picnic at the park and played on a playground that was totally empty at the time because everyone was in school. We had gotten our school work done earlier that day (one of the advantages of being homeschooled).  Even though the sky was white and sort of stormy looking, the clouds were considerate enough to hold back the rain and let us have a fun filled day where everything seems to be right and beautiful in the world. Here are a few photos I captured throughout that day.
Walkie-talkie overboard! We separated into groups so we could walk on the different trails. My sister and her friend accidentally dropped theirs in a waterfall. Oh well! :)

My initials were carved on this plank of wood. Coincidence? I think not! 
No but seriously, I was a little freaked out.

My friend -being kind and beautiful as always. <3

^My sister's face as she laughed at my other sister. The expression of pure joy, my friend.^

The little girls looked like they were having so much fun on the tire swing so...

I tried it out as well. It was AMAZING. I think I enjoyed it a little too much. 

I actually took a picture of a deer!!! Okay, so maybe I zoomed in A LOT but they actually turned out better than I expected. I thought they'd be an unsightly blurry mess.
Thanks for reading!
~~~

28 comments:

  1. ARE YOU EVEN KIDDING ME. YOUR PICTURES ARE TOTALLY PINTEREST WORTHY. LIKE, ALL OF THEM. *gathers them up and puts them in a basket of flowers*

    So stinking beautiful. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH! Thank you soooo sooo much, Candence! <3

      Delete
  2. *dies over these pictures* They just make me feel happy and warm and at peace. ♥ So lovely, dearest.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Adelaide! Your images have the same effect on me. Your photos are super gorgeous! <3

      Delete
  3. YOU TAKE SUCH PRETTY PICTURES, OH MY GOODNESS.

    Walkie Talkies always made me feel like a spy, like, *skshht* "Treskie to base, Treskie to base, over." *skshht*

    And it's not fair *everyone else* has deer. All we get are bears and coyotes and raccoons, and they're not *nice* animals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sooo much, Treskie! <3
      Haha! I know the feeling! :D
      There are no bears where I live. They seem so fluffy and sweet (like a teddy bear) even though I know they would probably maul me if I even got close to them. ;)
      Thanks for commenting! <3

      Delete
  4. *dies*
    YOUR SKILLS, EVEEEE! And you are all, so, so beautiful, too. <3

    p.s. I love your sister's blond curly hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH MY GOODNESS. Thank you, Jordy! You are so, so, so sweet!
      *dies from the sweetest of your comment*
      <3 <3 <3

      Delete
  5. You are such an amazing photographer, Eve! Wow. Can I steal your skills???? Seriously! Wow! And you're all so gorgeous. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am literally tearing up from your super sweet comment. Thanks SOOO much, Hannah! Your kind words mean the world to me. <3

      Delete
  6. Looks like such a fun trip, Eve! I love the photos. And that deer is so, so cute! One of my favorite animals :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hannah! <3 Deer are really beautiful and graceful aren't they? When I see one all I can think of is, "Bambi!" :)

      Delete
  7. What a fun trip! And how neat that you got some pictures of the deer! I know how it is to try taking pics of wildlife, and then end up failing because the animal moved too fast or they got out of range. Recently I was able to take pictures of cranes using the zoom on my camera, and that made me so happy!

    http://notionsofnotes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Oh I know! It is so hard to capture wildlife. Whoa! How awesome!

      Delete
  8. Beautiful. <3

    xx
    june
    www.the-impossible.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a lot of fun! I have a very forgotten post (a trip to Williamsburg from March) Oops:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bess! You should totally post it. It sounds really cool! <3

      Delete
  10. these photos are flawless, Eve <3 The best.
    Looks like you had tons of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. *dies because these pictures* YOU ARE A WIZARD, I SWEAR. I love your photo-shoots.

    PS- Is it bad that I laughed at the walkie talkie one :P)

    ~Noor
    www.alittlebitofsunshineblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thank you, Noor! That is soooo nice of you to say!
      Haha! Of course not. I laughed a little myself. :D

      Delete
  12. Ah, neglected posts... I have several of those right now, but I'm just waiting for the right time to post them. I can see why the tire swing is your favorite! It looks so much fun!

    And gosh, you are so lucky to have taken pictures of deer! I only am able to take photos of flies and spiders, and they are the most peculiar subjects because though many don't love them, it takes a lot of skill to not scare them away but get the camera to focus on them. ^.^

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. :)
      It was! I felt like I was a little kid again!
      I know! I was flabbergasted to see it just standing on the road as it stared at me. I got out of our car and sent up silent prayer that it would stay still until I took the pic.
      Haha! That really does take skill, my friend. I tried taking a picture of a spider once but it started inching toward me so I quickly ran away from it. ;)

      Delete
  13. EVE YOU HAVE TALENT!!!!! Oh my gosh, these photos.........!! You are all so pretty too! you have such a gorgeous blog here.

    -Amelie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, thank you sooooo much, Amelie! You're so sweet! <3

      Delete
  14. the fourth picture is my favorite ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  15. the fourth picture is my favorite ;) x

    ReplyDelete