Saturday, December 13, 2014

Indoor Picnic, Haircuts, Nasty Jellybeans, and More

I feel like I haven't posted about how life has been lately. So I thought I would share a few interesting things that has happened recently. This post is filled with randomness, so be prepared. ;) Hope you enjoy!

Indoor Picnic
{Attempting to do the duck beak thing with Pringles like her sister. Unfortunately it didn't really work out for her. ;)}
First off, let me tell you about our indoor picnic. My little sisters dreadfully wanted to have a picnic outside. Of course that wasn't going to happen since it was freezing outside. So we decided to have an indoor picnic in our living room. I made duck shaped sandwiches (it was actually more fun than I expected), cut up some oranges, and put a little stack of Pringles on their plates. Meanwhile my little sisters searched for a blanket for our lovely picnic. It was a meal fit for a king. ;)

Haircuts
{one of my sisters' haircut}
The second thing was that my younger sisters got their hair chopped off. Okay, well..that sounded dramatic. ;) Their hair was getting very long, and it was so hard for them to brush it. So we went to a hair salon and they got a haircut. They absolutely love their new do! It looks so adorable on them.

Nasty Jellybeans
{I checked off the ones I ate}
We did the Jellybean Challenge at my youth group. It's where you spin a spinner thing, and you have to eat whatever colored jellybean it lands on. The thing is, you have no idea what flavor it will be. It could be a lovely flavor or a horribly nasty one. The skunk spray one actually tasted like the smell when you run over a skunk. O_O I don't know if I'll ever get that taste out of my mouth. The moldy cheese one was awful as well! It was a really fun game but nasty at the same time. :) Also, do you notice the description near the bottom that says 'Naturally and Artificially Flavored'?
 I don't even wanna know... ;)

Camera Name
So I think I've figured out what to name my camera. I know it sounds silly to name it, but I've heard that other photographers do just that, and I thought it would be a cool thing to do. Its name is...Cornelius. It's not for any particular reason. It's just because I like it. It seems like such a heroic, noble name to me.

Well I think that's about it. Hopefully this was an enjoyable (and entertaining ;) ) read. :)

18 comments:

  1. What a great post! That picnic looks like it was a lot of fun :)
    PS - Your sisters are absolutely adorable! The new haircut does look great!

    xo Arushee // Unadorned Gifts

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sandwiches are a work of art and the indoor picnic sounds great. It looked like a lot of fun. It seems like in the jelly bean challenge you got most of the horrible flavors, I wonder how they actually created those flavors but then again I don't know if I'm really ready to find out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I know, I kept on getting the horrible ones! Same here!

      Delete
  3. This was a great post <3 I love these types of posts that are just kind of about you and what's going on :) OK, that just sounded majorly creepy. Sorry about that, it surprises me too sometimes ;P
    Those jelly beans sound nasty:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Haha! It's totally fine. I understand what you mean. :) They were! :P Yuck!

      Delete
  4. The picnic sounds like it was lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That picnic sounds fun! Your sisters are adorable. :)
    thriftytoppings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this post <3
    Would you mind if I did something similar?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to do that jelly bean challenge with my youth group now too :) Your sisters are sooo adorable! I have a little sister but shes 9...not quite as cute as yours!
    I love that name for your camera! :)
    -Lauren <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I should totally do an indoor picnic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eww! I have tried that jellybean thingy! I got baby wipes and dog food! They were gross! But the thing is my uncle had a whole bowl of jellybeans and we assumed they were regular and when we tried them........we almost threw up! Great post!
    Clara

    ReplyDelete
  10. The picnic idea sounds wonderful! And that is a fitting name for a camera ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those duck sandwiches, so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. eww I had those jellybeans before.... :P Aww! Your sisters hair is SO cute!! :D

    ReplyDelete