Saturday, November 5, 2016

Ghosts

ghosts wander through these halls
though they aren't covered with white sheets.
they do not walk through thick walls
or haunt us when we sleep.
they do not wait in the late night dark
for they are careful not to scare.
they are painted gently by history's mark
letting their memories whisper through the air.
we wonder where they come from
these creatures cloaked with time,
the ones who carry wisdom
and the clocks that they rewind.
they are invisible to our quick glances
but if we're careful we may see,
those who are chained by time's trances
who will never be set free.

~here's a little poem I wrote a while back. The pictures are of steam from a crockpot that I photographed last year. They were so cool-looking I couldn't help but make a poem about it. I was wanting to share it on Halloween but life has been CRAZY lately. I will try to do an update post soon to let you know what has been happening in my life these last few months. I have so many pictures to share and words to tell you all, but for now, this will have to do. 

5 comments:

  1. Omgosh your photos are stunning and so is the poem!<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah, your photography is amazing.
    And the poem, is beautiful, chilling.
    -Jollygirl @ Reflections of a Jolly Girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see how those photos inspired you to write the poem - they are amazing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Legit chills running through me, this was beautiful!

    ReplyDelete