Monday, May 5, 2014

The Story of a Bookish Girl

The library
is like a candy store to me.
Books are shelved neatly everywhere
in every color. 
Each book holds a story.
A world that I have not yet discovered.
I look around..
it's so hard to chose just one..
so I choose five.
Sometimes, but only sometimes,
I'll find that perfect book on one of those shelves.
As if it is whispering, calling out for me to read its poetic words on its parchment.
I pull it gently off the shelf.
I open the book and that book smell shoots out of it. I look at all those beautiful pages not yet read.
I sit there reading to my hearts content,
before I know it I've read 10 chapters.
When we leave my eyes are still glued to that book.
When I finish it, it leaves me a bit unhappy. 
That world, 
those characters,
 I will never get to read again.
I look on the internet to see if there are any good books by the same author.
I find out it is a series!
There are more books like that perfect one that I can later enjoy.
-Me

{all photos on this post are from Pinterest}

7 comments:

  1. Wow! You are a great writer!! :O You don't read books over again?! I always check it out from the library a few months later, and usually it seems like a new book! :) I have read books over and over again. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah, and yes I do read books over. It really depends on the book though. :)

      Delete
    2. Yes, it depends if I really, really, really like a book!! :) Usually a wait a few months, then read it again. :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely post, girl. :) ♥
    Tane
    tangerinetane.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This really is nice writing! Isn't the smell of books simply wonderful?

    ReplyDelete