Sunday, March 2, 2014

Crayon Art

Hi! Today I did some crayon art! I thought I would show you how to do it. :)

First I got out one of my canvas panels. I got mine at Wal-Mart. They come in all sorts of sizes so you can find the one that suits you best.

Then I took the paper off some old crayons. You can go with any color, but I decided to go with blue to make it look like rain. Then(since I had a smaller canvas) I broke the crayons in half. If you are wondering how many crayons to unravel, try lining them up on the top of the canvas to see if they all fit nicely.

After that I found a image on the internet and printed it out. Then I cut the silhouette out.
Then I got out my glue gun and glued each crayon on the upper part of the canvas. I did mine in a pattern, but you can do yours in whatever way you want. If you want, you can go ahead and paste the silhouette on but if not you can do it last. :)
Then it's time to melt the crayons! I got out my blow-dryer and set it on hot. This is where it can get a bit messy so remember to either do this in a place with an old towel or newspapers or somewhere where you don't care if the floor gets messy. I tilted my canvas upward as I was blow-drying so the crayons would drip down my canvas.
If you are wanting to add a silhouette, like I did, then you may want to block off a section of the canvas so the crayons won't drip in that spot.

Last but not least, I glued the silhouette on my canvas. This was my first time doing crayon art so it's probably not the greatest quality, but I hope you enjoyed it! What are your thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. this is awesome! maybe i can teach my grandma how to do this, this weekend since i'm going to visit! this is really cool! much love and God bless! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad you liked it! :) This was my first time doing crayon art, and I really enjoyed it. God bless you too!
      -Eve

      Delete