Sunday, November 23, 2014

10 TV Shows You Need to Watch on Netflix

Okay, so I guess you don't necessarily "need" to watch all of these but at least try a few out. :) After having Netflix for a few years, I found a lot of great shows that I thought I would share with you all. Enjoy!

Touch TV-PG
Kiefer Sutherland stars as the father of an autistic boy who appears to be able to predict future events -- despite not being able to speak.
-I can't even express how much I love this show! It is amazing!  I just finished both seasons, and now I desperately wish they made a season 3. It's one of those shows that makes you look at the world in an entirely different light. Click here to see the trailer.

Doctor Who TV-PG
An updated incarnation of everybody's favorite time-traveling Doctor sets about fighting nefarious aliens and other foes in this epic sci-fi series.
-Now let me tell you, I'm not one of those people who watch weird alien shows and such, but this show is an acceptation. It is so brilliant! The first season was ok but definitely not my fav. I highly recommend watching it all the way through and not skipping to better seasons. That way you'll understand everything more. Seven seasons of it are on Netflix! Even if you're not into all that alien sci-fi stuff it still is such an awesome show! They even travel in time which is a major plus!

Merlin TV-PG
This family-oriented retelling of the King Arthur legend finds Merlin arriving in Camelot, where he hones his magic skills with the help of his uncle.
-Netflix has all five seasons. This show has something for everyone. It has action, suspense, romance, humor, and so much more! I love how each season got better and better. Click here to see the trailer.

Call the Midwife TV-14
This period drama set in impoverished East London in the 1950s follows a newly qualified midwife and her colleagues at a nursing convent.
-This show is unlike any show I've ever watched. It's based on the real story of Jennifer Worth who was a midwife at the East End. Now I do warn you, this is a show where about three child births happens in every episode. This show isn't like all the movies where the baby just sorta pops out and is clean as a whistle. (Is it just me or are babies in movies not even close to the size of newborns?) Although it doesn't actually "show" anything it is very graphic and realistic.  Nonetheless it is an awesome show and is actually probably one of my favorites. Three seasons are available on Netflix. Here's the trailer.

Wolfblood TV-PG
This supernatural drama series follows a teenage girl who has the powers of a werewolf: heightened senses and super strength and speed.
-This show is awesome! It's a bit cheesy but is very addicting to watch. I just love it! They have two seasons on Netflix. Here is the trailer.

Once Upon a Time TV-PG
In this fantasy series, a young woman is drawn to a small Maine town and discovers that it's filled with elements of the fairy tale world.
-This show has adventures, secrets and even a little romance. And (surprise, surprise) it is actually appropriate. Which is rare for an American TV show. I've always had a thing for fairy tales being retold, and this is such a perfect show for me. Three seasons are on Netflix. Here is the trailer.

The Paradise TV-PG
This is a British TV period drama. A small-town girl with big ideas moves to the city and takes a job at The Paradise -- the nation's first-ever department store.
-This show is filled with romance, hidden secrets, hope, and so much more. The Paradise is absolutely amazing! Here's the trailer. So far it only has one season but I have a feeling that season 2 will be on there soon. :)

Robin Hood TV-PG
This retelling of the Robin Hood tale features a hip Robin and his cynical manservant battling the brilliant but evil Sheriff of Nottingham.
-Robin Hood is an awesome show! It has all three seasons on Netflix! It's a BBC show as well which makes it all the better. :)  Here is the trailer.

H2O: Just Add Water TV-PG
The gals in this fantasy series cope with the burden of growing a giant fin and transforming into mermaids whenever they come in contact with water.
-Like Wolfblood it is cheesy but addictive. It's fun to watch and has a very cool plot. It has three seasons on Netflix. If you enjoy this show, try out Mako Mermaids too.

Sherlock  TV-14
In this updated take on Arthur Conan Doyle's beloved mystery tales, the eccentric sleuth prowls the streets of modern-day London in search of clues.
-I love how this show makes me think. When they solve mysteries, it almost always leaves me flabbergasted and wondering how someone could write such marvelous scripts. :) Sherlock is a genius and has a sarcastic humor that I can never get tired of. I love the brother-type bond that John and Sherlock have. Even though they are nothing alike, there is one thing that they have in common and that just happens to be solving crimes. There are three season on Netflix.
Here's the trailer.

I hope this was helpful for you all. Let me know what you think of the shows. :)
Also you can tell me what your favorite Netflix shows are. Sadly, I feel like I've watched all the good shows, and now I don't know what to watch next. I've tried several more shows, but I found them too teenagery or too graphic. I would truly appreciate your help. :)
1/2/3/4
~TTFN~

31 comments:

  1. Oh my god, I love your new design so much! It's absolutely beautiful <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Arushee! I'm ever so glad that you like it! I always enjoy reading your sweet comments. <3

      Delete
  2. I used to watch H20 Just add water all the time. I was an addict. I think i still am.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, no shame in that! I love H2O, even though it's a little cheesy. When I was little, I loved learning about mythology, and mermaids were something I liked to study about. :)

      Delete
  3. I watched all of the H20's in like a week during the summer a couple years back, lol
    Then my mom got bored one day and we discovered Mako Mermaids and we ended up watching all of those as well.
    Now I have to watch the trailers for all these shows!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can totally relate! After watching and re-watching H2O, I was so sad that it had ended. Once I saw Mako Mermaids on Netflix, I sooo excited! After a week, I had watched the whole season! You should try the show Lighting Point. It's very similar to the H2O.

      Delete
  4. Loving the new design, Eve! I love Once Upon A Time! I'm a HUGE Oncer. Anyway, I also watch Dancing with the Stars and (sometimes) Sherlock. Watching those trailers now! X
    - June

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! So am I! So nice to meet a fellow Oncer!

      Delete
  5. I love Doctor Who. You didn't like Eccleston? He's my favourite doctor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! It wasn't that I didn't like him, it was more because the tv show, Doctor Who, seemed to have a lower budget then so a lot of the effects and stuff were kinda cheesy. :)
      I have nothing against Eccleston though! He was truly brilliant! (inside whovian joke ;)

      Delete
  6. Call the Midwife sounds good! Thanks for this Eve!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! My mom, sister and I love watching it together! I just looovvee it! Just to let you know, the first episode is probably the most graphic than the rest the the seasons. Not really so graphic wise, but just the plot is a bit different than what they usually do. Once you start watching it, you'll see what I mean. It's an amazing show, and I think you'll really like it! :)

      Delete
    2. Ok, thanks for letting me know! I can't wait to watch it! :D

      Delete
  7. I love all of these shows!! I was addicted to H2O last year.. I watched every episode on every season in like 1 week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, same here! I watched H2O way more than what was good for me. ;)

      Delete
  8. I watched every episode H2O : Just Add Water about 3x last year. I've also seen Mako Mermaids on Netflix and I am now watching the Once Upon a Time series! So don't spoil anything! I've only watched like 11 episodes or something!

    -Guinea Pig Lover from lordsgirls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Don't worry, I won't spoil a thing. I will tell you that it is an amazing show, and I'm sure you'll love it!

      Delete
  9. I love this list! I was pretty much hooked on Robin Hood...shed quite a few tears on that one.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I feel your pain! It was an awesome TV show but it did leave me in tears. *sniffle sniffle*

      Delete
  10. DOCTOR WHO IS FANTASTIC! My mom is totally obsessed with Call the Midwife. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These all look cool. :) I should check some of them out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Heard of some of these, great recommendations. I seriously need to watch more Netflix.

    Daisy ○ LittleKawaiiDaisy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've heard so much about Doctor Who, but never got around to watching more than one episode!
    This is a fabulous list, Eve!
    -Lauren <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. I will be sure to try some of your recommendations :)) You have a cool blog,just followed you! It would be awesome if you could follow me back at- http://readandreviewbyasmita.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes these are great shows!!

    www.ensembledeux.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love Sherlock! ^-^
    <3Bella
    mydolldays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Have you ever tried to stream Netflix in 4k Ultra HD/ 4K? People who have the habit of watching latest movies online
    techicecream.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. A very awesome blog post. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. Binge

    ReplyDelete
  19. A very awesome blog post. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. listes comptes neflix 2020

    ReplyDelete
  20. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. Thanks... Online Television

    ReplyDelete