Thursday, October 9, 2014

The Artist Inside

Have you ever been in doubt about what God wants you to do? I've been going through that a lot lately. Some of you know that I would love to be a web/graphic designer someday and have even started my own business. Even though I love it, I also want to do what God wants me to do. I also have been wrestling with the thought of getting Photoshop or something like it. If you know what Photoshop is you know that it can have a big price tag. When I went yard selling the other day, I saw something that blew my mind. It was a brand new Photoshop Elements software, still in the package and all. I was so amazed but I didn't want to get my hopes up since it was only three bucks and it might not even have worked. I tried it out, and it was like the real thing. It had all types of effects and different stuff I could do. Even thought I had no idea how to use it, I'm so excited to fill my mind with image editing knowledge. For me, it was a sure sign that I was where God wanted me to be. All the doubtfulness melted away. Why do I like graphic/web designing so much? Well, there's actually a reason. Ever since I was very young, I've loved to draw and paint. I also was fascinated with computers. I used to play little educational games on it when I was a child and was amazed by how something so ordinary could do something extraordinary. I would spent a lot of my time doodling away and creating new character to put on my paper. Since I loved art, I thought that one day I would be an artist. As I grew older, I began to understand that the career I had wanted so badly would probably not have a very good income. Not that I'm obsessed with money or anything, I just want to have enough money to support myself in the world. I thought I had to give up my dream job and began looking for other potential  jobs. I enjoyed doing lots of things, but none of them could fill the place of the hobby I truly loved. It was only this year when I finally had a clue what I wanted to be. I had been blogging for a while but hadn't the slightest idea on how to design it. After learning a few codes, I began to teach myself and Googled whatever I didn't know. After starting a free design service, I knew that it was something that I very much enjoyed. After a while I learned how to make my own graphics/vectors from my drawings and began editing photos and such. I'm sorry if this post is basically filled with my never-ending ramblings, but I hope you have enjoyed it all the same. My design shop is now opened for business.

~Click here to visit my site~

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. -Jeremiah 29:11 NIV

16 comments:

  1. Woah...
    just...
    woah.
    This is the most encouraging post I've ever read :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jordy! That is so so sweet of you to say. :)

      Delete
  2. This is so encouraging! Wow good on you for doing what your're doing its truly inspiring!! I'm so glad God answered your prayers in finding a Photoshop programme!! You have a real talent! Keep it up! http://walkingonsunshine.co.nr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so glad you find it encouraging Riarna! Thank you so much! God is so amazing, isn't he!

      Delete
  3. Hey Eve. ♥
    This post was amazing.

    Ever since 5, I have wanted to be a writer. That hasn't changed. I still love to write, I still do, and I still want to be a published author someday. What happened was that I, too, realized that it wasn't going to bring a great income. Unless I wrote a best seller or something, you know.
    Soon enough I discovered the artist inside of me that had been there all along. I've never turned back - art, photography, both of them are extreme passions of mine. By the age of eleven I knew how to work Photoshop and I was enjoying it so much.
    And then. I started a blog. At first, I was a pretty clueless blogger. But two years later, I'm a designer, a coder, and an passionate blogger. I love it.
    And I'm learning new things about designing and coding all the time. And I know that God has given me all this as a gift. I think He's shown me what he created me to do.
    I also have my own design business now, and I'm almost done designing my design blog.

    I loved this post because I can relate to it so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tane!
      Thank you!
      You are an amazing writer and if you ever publish a book, I'll be the first in line to buy it. :) Oh how I love art and photography!! I had no idea how to blog when I first started. More experienced bloggers seemed to take me under their wing and guided me on how be a successful blogger. Now I love blogging! None of my friends (that are not on the internet) understand why I like it so much. I love the community. :) How awesome Tane! You are an amazing designer, and I can't wait to see your new site!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful post! Very encouraging. I know what it's like, though, I love photography, crocheting, writing, and new things come along every day! I like doing things that I enjoy doing. :) Haha, that is so neat that you got that so cheap! I don't usually have time to edit my photos, so they just come as they are.... ;) I like natural lighting... ;) hehe. Great post!
    ~Sarah Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey that's great! My dad is a graphic designer and my family is full (like completely full) of artists so I've never had to worry about getting Photoshop but I could almost feel your excitement through this post. Congrats on the design site. It looks gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that is so cool! None of my relative are very artsy so it sort of surprised them when I told them what I wanted to be. Thank you Mahnoor! Yours is amazing too!!!

      Delete
  6. Wow! God is so good! It is Amazing that you found that Photoshop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad it's open again! Also, I'm glad you found photo shop:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you had the guts to reach out for the stars. There are people who aren't so brave as you are. At any rate, it's nice to see that all of your hard work paid off, and now you're opening your very own design shop. You're very inspirational, Eve! Thanks for sharing that! Kudos and more power to you!

    Clint Shaff @ Franchise Match

    ReplyDelete