Sunday, August 10, 2014

Long Post: Awards, Writing, Something New

I got nominated for the Beautiful Blogger Award three times! Thank you BethanEmily, and Lizzie!

Rules:
- Answer the questions given to you.
- Give some questions for the people you nominate.
- Tell the people you nominate that you have nominated them.
{you may use this for your post but please link it back to me}


Bethan's Questions
1. Favorite dessert?
Why do you torture me so!?! ;) Hmm... probably,
 *thinks of every dessert I've ever eaten*
Uhh... lava brownies!
FYI: The brownie batter is put in a muffin pan type thing, and then you put a Hershey kiss in the middle of each one. After you bake it, it's like a chocolaty piece of heaven! So good!

2. Having your picture taken or taking the picture?
Taking the pictures! I do like having my picture taken but post the time I'm the one holding the camera.

3. What do you love most about blogging?
The people! Our blogger community is so wonderful! Everyone is so encouraging and friendly. I consider most of them my dear friends. :)

4. Do you have a nickname?
Not many people know this if they're a blogger but.. I guess I'll tell you that...
*whispers*
Eve is my nickname...
My real name is very similar, but people call me Eve as well so I just went by that on my blog.

5. Do you consider yourself graceful?
Haha! Graceful my aunty! (If you watched Road to Avonlea you would understand the "aunty" part)
I've gotten more graceful as I've grown but people don't consider me graceful because I'm sorta clumsy.

6. If you could go out with a fictional character, who would it be and why?
Well, if I was of age to get married I would choose Gus Pike from Road to Avonlea. He was so nice, caring, faithful, and funny.

7. If you could take seven fictional characters out for dinner, who would they be and in what order would you seat them?
Hmmm... Let's see. I would invite Anne Shirley from Anne of Green Gables, August from The Secret Life of Bees, Merlin from Merlin, The tenth Doctor and the eleventh from Doctor Who,  and Sherlock Holmes from Sherlock. In that order too. :)

8. Are you left handed or right handed?
I'm a lefty!

9. Favorite Disney princess?
Belle.

10. What usually cheers you up?
Kind words, and sweets. :)

11. What is a weird dream you had?
Oh my, I'm about to share one of my many strange dreams with you. Be prepared.

This is very interesting so you might want to read this!
  Okay, so I was at this church camp and it was sorta dark all the time there. I was just sitting on my bed in a cabin type dorm thing and I hear screaming. I was so shocked. This red headed guy who was my best friend in the dream told me that everyone was supposed to go to the main area of the camp. So we ran there and it was like a giant while building, like something you would see in DC.
  Everyone was in there and a person yelled, "Everyone keep calm. There are gummy people on the loose! It's because they had Obama care. Don't let them catch you or you'll turn into one too!" So, what do people do when gummy people are on the loos? Obviously they run frantically in every direction. So there I am running about, and I see all these colorful gummy people running after everyone else. They looked like gummy bears but shaped like a person. I know, weird! Suddenly a thought came to mind. "All they need is love." I said to myself and I ran up to one of them and gave them a hug. Do you know what happened? The gummy person turned into a real one. So then everyone started hugging the gummy people and we were all real again!
 The End.

12. How do you usually wear your hair?

Ponytails in the summer, also braids. When it's cooler I wear it down with a headband or something.

13. How often do you read?
Whenever I have the time! :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Emily's Questions

-Which fictional character are you most like? (be honest!)
I'm stuck on this one. Hmmm.. maybe Elinor from Sense and Sensibility.


-What made you want to start blogging?
I was inspired by other blogs to start blogging. I looked like so much fun so I had to try it out!

-Where does your blog name come from?
I named my blog "Eve of Womanhood" because I'm still young and am striving to become the woman God wants me to be. :)

-What is your least favorite subject at school?
Math!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Favorite name for a girl? For a boy?
Girl: Amelia or Elnora
Boy: Rory or Atticus 

-Where would you like to live when you grow up?
It would be cool to live somewhere in Europe but I feel like the country and state I'm in now is where I was meant to be. :)

-If you could live in any fictional universe, which one would it be?
Probably Doctor Who's or Pride and Prejudice's.



---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lizzie's Questions
Favorite letter of the alphabet?  
A.

Something that makes you feel safe..?
My bible.

Fave classic story?
A Girl of the Limberlost.

Fave Disney movie?
The first Narnia movie.

Blueberries or Strawberries?
Strawberries!

Last thing you ate?
Pumpkin bar.

How is your summer (was)?
It's been great. I treasure all the free time to read and blog. Sadly school is starting next week so that will quickly take away most of my time. I'm actually excited for school to start.

Thoughts on bananas?  I love them!
I love them too! Wow we have so much in common! Bananas are scrumptious!

Pink or Purple
Purple isn't really my fav, so pink would be my pick.

Ever moved?
I have been  moving since the day I was born! Oh do you mean like moving, moving? As in moving to a different home? At first I thought you meant have you ever moved, like moving around... Haha! I'm not sure which one you meant but yes to both. ;)

Do you wear slippers?
Not as often as I wish.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I nominate:
Anyone and everyone!



My Questions:
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What is a movie you really want to see?
3. If you could be in any TV show, which would it be? If you want you can say who character you would be too. :)
4. What was the last book you read?
5. If you could relive one day in your life which would it be and why?
6. Where do you get your blog inspiration?
7. What is something most bloggers don't know about you? :)
8. If you could be one person through history or even now for a day, who would it be? Why?
9. Antique or Modern?
10. If you could meet on celebrity, who would it be and why?
11. Do you have a blogger role model? If so, who?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A New Award
{my photo}


So I decided to make up an award for all the Anne of Green Gables fans! I absolutely love the movie and I'm currently loving the book as well!

If you like Anne of Green Gables then you can enter!

Rules:
1. Answer the questions you are given.
2. Nominate anyone you'd like.
3. Give 10 questions for others to answer (you can use my questions if you'd like).
4. Share the picture above^ with the post you make and link it back to my blog.

Here are your questions:
1. Who is your favorite character in Anne of Green Gables?
2. Are you more like Anne or Diana?
3. What is your favorite quote from the book/movie?
4. What was the funniest moment in it?
5. Would you rather have Diana's raven black hair or Anne's carrot red hair?
6. What do you think of Gilbert?
7. What are your thoughts on puff sleeves?
8. Have you ever been to Canada?
9. How would you describe Anne?
10. Favorite word Anne uses in the book/movie?


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh and guess what movie is coming out on August 15??!! 
The Giver!! I lovvvvveeed the book series and I can't wait to see it!!
Watch the trailer to get a sneak peek!
Have you ever read The Giver?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jollygirl's Writing Contest Entry
{my photo}

As I walk along the deserted road,
the rain slowly sprinkles down.
It's the beginning of a great show.
The cold wet drops refresh the humidity that fills the air.
Everything is
so dreary and beautiful,
yet so dramatic,
when it rains.
The sky sheds it's tears,
drip by drip.
The rain's music steadily plays
 as it hits the pavement and
and jumps as it splashes.
The rain's song grows louder as if it is the big finale,
the wind slowly blows the rain,
as it dances,
elegantly,
but with such control.
and I just stand there,
watching the rain's performance.
Hoping there is an encore. 

14 comments:

  1. Thanks for entering my writing contest! This is such a beautiful entry! At the end of your poem you said that you are hoping that there is an encore of the rain's performance and I'm wanting an encore of this poem you wrote. What I'm trying to say is: that I want to read this again and again! Also, can I do the Anne of Green Gables Award! I'm a big fan of the first book and am planning to read the second book soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Jolly! Of course you can do the award! The more the merrier! :)

      Delete
  2. Hahaa, I'm sooooo doing your new award! I just watched Anne of Green Gables last night!! :D
    Are you listing everyones entries on your blog? Did you know that when you post your writings it belongs to Blogger after? I just wasn't sure if you knew. What did you think of my story?? :D
    ~Sarah Margaret♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, that dream was so funny! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I know, my dreams are always so strange. I mean, gummy people walking around because if Obama Care, really? I have such an imaginative mind. :D

      Delete
  4. WOW! I would love to do the tag:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaahaaa! Your dream made me laugh so hard!! Heeyyyy, wait a minute. You mean Eve isn't your real name?! Boy! What is it then, if you can tell. ;) Eva, Steve?? Lol! Does it have "Eve" in it? Now you've got me curious!! Hahaa! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh man, I love love the doctors and Sherlock!! So glad I found a fellow Wholockian <3 And I really want to do the Kindred Spirit Award--I love Anne of Green Gables ;)

    And beautiful beautiful words for the writing contest <3 xx.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds fun! Also I nominated you for the beautiful blog award to! I didn't know you had done 3! Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read The Giver 2! I really want 2 c the movie! When you say anyone and everyone, could I do the Beautiful Blogger Award 2? Can I just say anyone and everyone 2? How many people am I supposed to nominate?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lol I'm laughing too hard at your dream! I've had some pretty crazy ones too :)
    I'm sorry, I haven't stopped by in forever! Can I just say that I totally love your blog header? It's so, so pretty! :)

    MJ // www.littlepandacrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Also--I never noticed you had added my blog button! Thank you! I added yours onto my "Blog Love" page :)

    ReplyDelete