Saturday, May 17, 2014

Why Rush?

To tell you the truth,
I'm not in a rush to grow up.
Some girls
are in such a hurry to
to be independent
and go out in the world alone.
But as for me...
I'm not in a rush.
I want to savor each moment of my childhood
and my teen hood.
I'm not the kind of girl who is anticipating her future,
or living in her past.
I just want to be me.
Right now.
Because I can't go back in time,
or speed up the clock.
I will just live.
Right here,
right now.
I have my whole life ahead of me.
Why rush?

5 comments:

  1. Love this! :) You are so right...Time may seem slow, but goes quicker as one gets older.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly right...there is a season for everything :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true. To be honest growing up really scares me! I love being young and just living. I used to be in a hurry to grow up but now I am not. I realize that the years and moments already go by so fast-we need to cherish every moment, not wish time would go by faster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you! I miss my childhood and adulthood doesn't sound too fun for me, but I just have to keep moving on, trusting God with my future.

      Delete
  4. Oh oh oh so beautiful! Yea, growing up can be scary, but I just trust God, and have fun being me :)
    Beautiful writing, Eve! <3
    xo,
    -Anna <3

    ReplyDelete